By: Sophia Olson
Add on Goodreads
Nathan befriends Adelaide, a homeless girl wandering the streets of Washington, D.C., and as they begin to fall for each other, Adelaide refuses to tell Nathan about the dangerous secrets surrounding her past.
• Violence (shooting, wounds, blood, deaths, and reference to an abusive father)
• Some profanity (sh*t, d*mn, h*ll, and cr*p)
• Partial nudity (a girl removes her shirt and is left in her bra for nonsexual reasons)
• Reference to an affair
• Some smoking and drinking
• Homosexuality (references to a young woman having a girlfriend)
A Twist in the Story is a fast-paced, sweet, humorous, and incredibly sad young adult contemporary standalone. The story switches from Nathan and Adelaide’s point of views, and don’t let the the chick-lit sounding storyline fool you: the ending packs a surprise that might just leave readers in tears.