By: Leila Sales
Add on Goodreads
Arden’s the kind of girl who is always looking out for her friends—even when they don’t deserve it. Arden starts getting frustrated because it feels like her best friend and boyfriend don’t appreciate her efforts. So when she discovers a website called Tonight the Streets Are Ours, Arden quickly gets lost in the words of the author, Peter.
This is a young adult novel that contains:
• Profanity (WTF, sh*t, *sshole, d*ck, and h*ll)
• Drugs are found in a school locker, reference to getting high, and drunk teens at a party
• Reference to a pregnant teen
• Reference to breaking someone’s nose
• A gay character
• Discussion about two girls making out
• Alcoholic character
• A mother leaves her family
• References to crude piercings (safety pins in lips)
• Discussion about cheating on boyfriend
• A girl plans to have sex with her boyfriend and wears a “sexy dress”
Tonight the Streets Are Ours is a contemporary standalone that deals with love, life, and loss. Fans of Leila Sales should know that this latest book of the author’s doesn’t quite live up to her captivating coming-of-age novel, This Song Will Save Your Life. However, it is still well-written with some thought provoking themes.