By: Renée Ahdieh
Add on Goodreads
Shahrzad volunteers to be the king of Khorasan’s new bride. Every night the young king, Khalid, takes a new bride, marries her, and has her killed by dawn, but Shahrzad is determined to beat him at his own mysterious game.
• Profanity (one use of b*tch, *ss, h*ll, and b*stard)
• Passionate kissing, sensual touches, two sex scenes (one is unromantic and fades out before and after anything happens, and the other just has some vague descriptions)
• Dancing lewdly on a table at a dinner party
• Adultery (a married woman kisses another man)
• References to many past murders
• Killing, slicing necks, attempted execution, practicing archery and sword fighting, and injuries
• Killing animals and mixing their blood with human blood for magical purposes
• One character is placed under a curse
The Wrath & the Dawn is an immersive young adult fantasy romance book. Older teens should enjoy the complicated ties between the two main characters and the richly imagined, Persian-like world that is based on Tales From a Thousand and One Nights. This is the first book in a duology.