By: I. W. Gregorio
Add on Goodreads
Everything in Kristin’s life seems to be going perfect—she’s popular at school, has a great group of friends, and a sweet boyfriend who is also her running partner.
So when Kristin goes to the doctor for a checkup and finds out she’s intersex—a condition that means she was born with tiny male organs instead of female ones—this new fact spins her world out of control as she struggles to come to terms with her identity.
• Sexuality (two sex scenes that are significant to the plot, a boyfriend tells his girlfriend to wear her “sexy bikini,” making out with description, a boy gets a “hard-on,” kissing, and condoms)
• Profanity (F-word, Jesus Christ, sh*t, *sshole, godd*mn, d*ck, h*ll, and insults)
• Bullying (including cyberbullying—one of Kristin’s classmates tags her in a photoshopped picture on Facebook)
• Many discussions about male and female private parts, vagina dilation, pubic hair, periods, and PMS
• Reference to abortion
• A pregnant teenager
• Reference to divorce
• Kristin’s mother died from cancer when she was little
• Reference to someone’s father coming out as being gay or bisexual
• One female character is homosexual and has a girlfriend
None of the Above focuses on a very real topic combined with the traits of a young adult contemporary novel. This book is fast-paced, sad, and will inform unknowing readers about the subject of intersex.