By: John Green
Add on Goodreads
Quentin “Q” Jacobsen has an obsession with Margo Roth Spiegelman—a mysterious, beautiful girl who also happens to live next door. One night Margo climbs in Q’s bedroom window and they go on the wildest adventure Q could ever imagine. Then the next morning, Margo has vanished, and Q is convinced she’s left clues behind for him to track her down.
• Profanity (F-word, sh*t, faggot, and milder swearing)
• References to sex, masturbation, making out, private parts, STDs, and virginity
• Teens smoke and drink (and get very drunk)
• At the beginning of the story, Margo and Q stumble upon a man who has shot himself; Q wonders if Margo has committed suicide
• Two characters play pranks that include breaking and entering, graffiti, and vandalism
Paper Towns is an engaging young adult contemporary novel revolving around the cast of complex, and often hilarious, characters.