By: John Green
Add on Goodreads
Miles is obsessed with last words, and moves to a boarding school in hopes of finding the “Great Perhaps,” which was quoted in the famous last words of a poet. Miles gets more than he bargained for when he instantly falls in love with quirky, cigarette addict Alaska Young.
This young adult standalone contains inappropriate material, including:
• Profanity (many uses of the F-word and sh*t)
• A (somewhat descriptive) oral sex scene
• Sexual-oriented conversations
• References to masturbation, erections, and groping
• Some characters watch pornography
• Lots of underage drinking
Looking for Alaska is a quick read, and deals with friendship, loss, and speculation about what happens after life.