By: Julie Kagawa
Add to Goodreads
All Ember wants out of this summer is freedom without all the confinement, observation and isolation her early dragon years have contained. All Garrett wants is to find the dragon he's suppose to kill and kill it, but when hunter meets hunted Ember and Garret find their lives taking some rather unexpected, exciting and potentially lethal turns.
Talon is a moderately slow paced young adult, urban fantasy centered around dragon shape-shifters trying to blend into human society, the rules of their secret world and the people who hunt them. As the first book in its series, Talon does not have a completely conclusive ending.
- Underage drinking
- girl kicks guy between legs
- fist fight
- injuries (blood no gore)
- kissing (some references to tongues and in one instance a girl straddles a guy - clothed)
- guy attempting to feel up a girl kisses & slaps her
- admiring references to shirtless guy's physic
- awareness of nudity but no descriptions
- cr*p is used in one instance
If you are looking for a reasonably light young adult read with occasional scales/fire breathing and a dab of romance, then you may enjoy Talon.