By: Sarah J. Maas
Add on Goodreads
When Celaena Sardothian is taken out of the salt mines and brought to the royal palace, she is offered a choice: live the rest of her life as a slave, or enter a competition to become the king’s Champion.
Knowing she has no choice in the matter, Celaena accepts the offer, and begins training with the Captain of the Guard to regain her strength. When she starts to notice secret passages in the palace, with ghosts that whisper of forbidden things from the past . . . magical things, she realizes that even she, Adarlan’s famous assassin, will have to keep her wits about her.
This young adult fantasy novel is exciting and will keep readers on edge. The first in a series, it contains the following material inappropriate for children:
• Suggestive banter throughout
• Violence (including descriptive killings, but nothing too gory)
• Minor profanity (d*mn and h*ll—b*tch is used twice, though one of the times is Celaena asking Dorian if he is talking about dogs or women)
More Throne of Glass reviews:
• Book 0.1–0.5: The Assassin’s Blade
• Book 2: Crown of Midnight
• Book 3: Heir of Fire
You might also like: