Thursday, June 13, 2013

Love Triangles Oy vey!

So I just finished reading both The Selection and The Elite. Rant to follow.

I will never understand the draw of the love triangle, love quadruple, or love quintuple. Why oh why must there be two boys and one girl, two girls and one boy, thirty-five girls and one boy. The instant a story produces a love triangle I begin silently pleading with the selfish individual holding the hearts of two others at bay to please please please just choose one and let us get back to the lovely drama of a two person relationship. I beg the author to cease and desist whilst grinding my metaphorical teeth, but to no avail. To add insult to injury these love triangles are never cleared up in the first or even second book - no they must continue into a third book.

Everyone is doing the love triangle. 


To name just a few.


I know it's no new concept, but I fail to see how having tension between three individuals is better than tension between two.  So this brings me to The Selection and it's two love triangles: America and her two men and Maxim and his throng of ladies. Why must we spend a good portion of both these books switching the object of her affection and committing treason? *Heavy sigh*

The worst part: The series isn't all published, so I'm going to be frustrated with this one for a while. On the plus side, it's no where near as frustrating as The Infernal Devices!  

So what do you think of love triangles?

Love 'em or hate 'em?


Best Blogger Tips

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent & Upcoming Releases on Amazon