Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Review: The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 1), By Lemony Snicket

By: Lemony Snicket

Orphaned and homeless, the three Baudelaire children found themselves caught up in a series of unfortunate events that send them from one bad situation to another.

A Series of Unfortunate Events is a story so absurdly awful that it's funny. The writing is aimed at readers age 10 and up, but a lot of the humor applies more to an
adult audience. Parents should be aware that The Bad Beginning contains the death of loved ones, grief, blackmail of children, threats of bodily harm/death and general mistreatment (lack of proper clothing, food, being hung upside down, struck in the face).

Was this review helpful? If yes, please take a moment to share it or follow Sarah's Reviews. It would really help me out. Blessings!
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment :

  1. Definitely one of my favorite book series, and if I had started reading this much younger than I was (I think I was in high school)I might have seen it as more depressing than Harry Potter. Well, now thinking about it, it is more depressing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...