Friday, July 20, 2012

Book Review: The Secret Hour (Midnighters, Book 1), By Scott Westerfeld

The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)Midnighters, Book 1
By: Scott Westerfeld

In Bixby, Oklahoma time stops for one hour every night. Jessica is one of only a handful of people who continues to live during that time. The only problem is: There are other things that live during that hour, and they want Jessica dead..

Just shy of 300 pages, The Secret Hour is a light and enjoyable young adult read. It contains lying, rule breaking, kissing, non-gory killing of creatures, meddling in peoples heads, references
to underage drinking, and some mild references to bullying. There is no profanity, minimum violence, and no sexual content beyond kissing. Readers should be aware that this is the first of three books in the Midnighters trilogy and, while the ending is satisfactory, it is not conclusive.
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment :

  1. I've read Westerfield's 'Uglies' series, but I actually hadn't heard about this one. The premise sounds fantastic -- I'll have to pick this up as soon as I've cut down my TBR list a little bit.

    I'm a new follower! My blog is nickieanderson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent & Upcoming Releases on Amazon