Thursday, October 7, 2010

Book Review: Artemis Fowl (Book 1), By Eoin Colfer

Book Review: Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, Book #1), By Eoin Colfer USA Cover
US Covers
1st
2nd
By: Eoin Colfer
http://eoincolfer.com/
ISBN: 0-439-35600-8
Add to your Goodreads Shelf

Picture him: an evil, brilliant, mastermind determined to exploit the secret community of magical creatures co-existing with humans in our world. There's only one catch – he's twelve years old.

Artemis Fowl starts slow, but picks up speed and interest as the book progresses. As a Preteen/Middle Grade book it provides a very different type of story written from the villain's point of view, with side glimpses at the individuals endeavoring to stop him.

Book Review: Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, Book #1), By Eoin Colfer UK Cover Art
UK Covers
1st2nd
Readers should be aware that the book does contain some bathroom type humor/situations, cussing in fairy language, and drugs used to sedate, but is an overall clean read.

See my review of The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, Book 2) or more books by Eoin Colfer.


More Artemis Fowl reviews:
The Arctic Incident
Image links to Review

Best Blogger Tips

6 comments :

  1. I remember this book being a lot of fun when I read it a few years ago. Sadly, I didn't keep up with the series, but it seemed like it would be good. New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this book sitting around for a while. I'll have to give it a go soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books get progressively better and I really enjoyed the audio book versions!

      Delete
  3. cussing in fairy language? LOL I hear there is a new one coming out in a few months. Should I wait and look for a boxed set or just start picking them up as I see them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm cheep - so I would pick up used paperbacks, but if you buy new, its probably worth it to get the whole set. If you don't mind a couple months wait. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent & Upcoming Releases on Amazon